Paperworld in Frankfurt, highlighting the top three trends to emerge from the stationery tradeshow:
1. Stitch detail: Handmade notebook covers embellished with threads, small pieces of fabric and other sewing accessories.
2. Ribbons: Simple cardboard storage boxes and stationery collections get a very feminine touch just by adding a ribbon.
3. Retro: Vintage drawings and fifties culture were a massive inspiration for prints in the collections presented at Paperworld 2011, especially for greeting cards.
1. Hammered metals: Hammered metal has emerged as an important finish and texture for flatware, tableware and decorative accessories
2. Polished and brushed gold: Gold is the finish of choice for everything from trivets to tableware. It is seen in polished and brushed textures and accents the insides of unfinished ceramics
3. Deconstructed simplicity: Forms have surpassed minimalism and designers are discovering new ways to both accentuate the simplicity of an item as well as maximise its functionality