Fruity by Charlotte Arvidsson for Normann Copenhagen

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Danish design brand Normann Copenhagen has launched Fruity, a simple plywood fruit bowl which is supplied flat-pack and can be used either flat, suspended or free-standing.


As well as making transportation and storage easy, the flat-pack design allows air to circulate around the fruit and maximises its lifespan.

Designer Charlotte Arvidsson was discovered by the brand while exhibiting at 2010's Stockholm Furniture Fair and is currently completing her Master's degree in Sweden.




Arvidsson says of the product, "For me, design is all about simplicity. I have always loved the problem-solving phase, the phase where I find a smart and aesthetic solution for one of my products. When I was designing Fruity, I wanted a structure that only consisted of the most necessary elements, so that the fruit bowl would be as simplistic as possible, while retaining its functionality and aesthetic expression in relation to the fruit."